Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Chandler - a bit belated!

Finally I am posting about birthdays! Unfortunately, I am posting Chandler's *just a bit* late. Oh well, at least I'm getting it on here. We do love this kid!


On Chandler's birthday we asked him what he would like to do. Since we weren't at home, we thought this would be a good time to do some things that we probably wouldn't have done at home. He made his list:

1st- ice skating
2nd - snowmobiling
3rd - surprise him (didn't know how we would do this one)
4th - cake and ice cream

So that morning, we went to the ice skating rink in downtown McCall. We had a very enjoyable time. Casey and I were the only adults who got out and skated, but it was a great time with our kids.

Maybe 10 minutes before we were getting ready to get off the ice, he fell. And he hit HARD! Unfortunately, he hit his face when he landed. I immediately skated over to him and saw a huge bump developing on his eyebrow. I took him to the office looking for ice. The manager got a baggie full of ice from the machine for him. We explained to him that this wasn't a great birthday gift to receive. The manager laughed and came back a little while later with an ice hockey puck. He told him that was his gift from him and they make the best ice packs. Chandler was way excited about it. This is how he ended up spending the rest of the afternoon.

He still wanted to attempt snowmobiling, but with that big of a bump, we thought it better to not try putting a helmet on top of it. He laid on the couch most of the afternoon.
Later that evening we had a great dinner and a delicious chocolate cake with melted candy kisses inside. It is the family favorite now.


Some things that he really enjoys right now are:
  • Bakugan
  • Soccer
  • Drawing/Art
  • Science
  • Computer Games
  • Wii
  • Board games
  • Reading
  • Smiling
  • Having Fun

Happy birthday Chandler! Sorry it wasn't the greatest, but still hope you had a fun week. We love you!

0 comments: