Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Denise's Update

Denise had her first chemo treatment on Feb. 27. Her husband had to work that night and so she called to see if I would be willing to spend the night with her. When she'd gone through this before, the meds they give her at chemo knock her out so she was afraid she would need help with her kids. Siena had a late night party and Brad's sister took Isaac, so I had Taegan and Kambree to take care of (I picked up Siena around 11 pm). Denise however, did awesome! She was a little tired, but she stayed up for mine and Taegan's "late night" party. We watched a movie and played a little Wii. Kambree only wanted her mommy to take care of her so that was a little hard. On the 28th she was even up to going to two baptisms. Her neighbor's little girl and our niece. By the end of lunch, she was exhausted. So she took home Kambree to get some sleep. Between Michelle and I we took care of Taegan and Siena. I took them home late that night. Monday was a difficult day for her, she was very sick. She started losing her hair about the middle of last week. She called me Monday night and said she'd had enough so she went up to our sister's home to have her head shaved. The kids all got a chance to cut off some hair and shave a little. She'll have her next treatment on the 20th. Hopefully she does just as well. She's eating just about everything, except our beloved chocolate.

0 comments: