Monday, November 3, 2008

New Family Member

In September, we adopted this poodle mix. He is completely poodle, but has a dark skin so he's some mix it just doesn't show. It is very difficult to get a picture of him because he's terrified of the camera. It took a lot to get him in these two pictures. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the dog thing just yet, I mean all the kids were finally in school, but Casey found him. We were just going to have my niece casually watch for some small dog like my parents. Casey loves my parents little dog (it's a maltese-poodle mix). So he just said if Marinda comes across something at the shelter have her call us and we'll check it out. I was a bit shocked! Marinda called a couple of weeks later and said the "Super Adoption" was going on the weekend of Sept. 12 and we should check it out. I was doing salsa with my younger sister so Casey and the kids went down. I told him before I left to remind the kids it was ok if they didn't find something we'll just keep watching for one. A while later Casey e-mailed me a photo of this little guy. Then he called me and asked what I thought. I said he was cute. About 30-45 minutes later he called asking for vet info. I said "you got him?" Casey had really liked his personality. So we have "Buddy". He is 4 years old and is a really good dog. He is my shadow, literally. I cannot walk out of the room without him behind me. The kids love him!



0 comments: