Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Babies Are 8!




I can't believe the day has come. My baby girls are 8. Baptism will soon be coming. It's a little heartbreaking for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad to see them have the opportunities and blessings that are before them, but... they are growing up. At each step in their lives, it isn't one baby, it's two that go. I wasn't sad like I have been when they do other things. Like the time I sobbed the night before they started first grade. Or the tears I had when they left Sacrament Meeting to start Sunbeams. It wasn't as hard as I thought. I kept telling them they weren't turning 8, they were going to go backwards now. Shyann was all for it. She understood (I would hope) how hard this was getting for me to see them grow up.

These are a few differences that I am noticing more between them:
Shelby is still a bit more outgoing and when friends come to play, she pretty much runs the show. Shyann is content to just do her own thing and is a bit of a homebody.

Shyann does not like to have her hair done. She prefers it 'straight' and would like me to do that everyday for school. However, I love being able to play with it. Shelby on the other hand, let's me 'experiment' with her hair. She loves to have it done, but is excited to get it cut short again. Shyann prefers tights, Shelby likes lacy socks.

The picture above is a rare occurence to have them dress alike. Shelby really isn't that short. I noticed she was hunched over a little and Shyann is wearing shoes with a slight heel. They are the same height and weight. They always have been within 1/2" of each other and the weight is within ounces of each other.


0 comments: