Last week a good friend of mine decided to help me make some freezer meals for Denise and her family. She said if she could help with anything, it would be this. We spent all day Wed. and Friday preparing quite a few meals. This got me really excited about doing freezer meals. It's the way to go, especially when you have crazy hectic and busy days. We are actually going to do some for her neighbor who just had a baby and has to go in for surgery and will be down for 6 weeks. It's a fair trade. But it is wonderful to have such caring friends around to help with kids or housecleaning or whatever it may be.
Denise got home from the hospital on the Monday after her surgey. Her staples were removed on Wed and Thurs morning she broke out in hives. She has had a difficult time kicking them because she wasn't sure what caused them. About two days later she got the flu for a day. This morning I had a phone call from my mom a little before 7:30 and asked if Casey would be able to get the kids off to school. I asked what was going on. She said Denise was in a lot of pain. I said I'm on my way. I got off the phone, told Casey what was happening, and headed out the door. When I got to Denise's she said she was having a hard time breathing and was in pain from her lower back up to her shoulders. I said we'll get the kids off to school and drop Taegan off at preschool and head down to the hospital. Well, mom showed up 15 minutes later and was able to take her down. I got the two little ones ready and dropped Taegan off to preschool and brought Kambree home. It ends up that Denise has 2 or 3 bilateral clots. They are going to keep her in the hospital for 2 or 3 days for observation and put her on Cumadin (blood thinners). I knew when this all started happening that she would be ok, but it was going to be a long road. I didn't expect her to have difficulties like these while she was still recovering from surgery. I guess that whole thing of "bad things happen in 3's" is true. However, I say it happens in 5's. (Aren't we at #4?)
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment