Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. Life's been crazy busy -- imagine that! I've been lining up volunteers for Colby's classroom, making an "All About Me" poster for Chandler, and volunteering in Shyann's class Wednesday afternoons for an hour. I must say I LOOOOVE Uniforms! (So do the kids)
Colby's teacher asked me to find parent volunteers who would be willing to come in and talk to his class about different countries they've lived in or visited. That's been pretty fun. I had a mom who works at Clearfield Job Corp who was able to bring a group of boys in from the Marshall Islands. They did a dance for the 6th grade. It was great! My new niece was able to come and talk to his classroom about Australia. And another mom was able to talk about the places she lived in Mexico. He has asked me to continue finding parents through the end of October now.
Chandler's been busy with a few projects. One fun report he had to do was called "Shoe and Tell". I plan to make a scrapbook page about it because it was so cute. It was a report where the shoe had to talk about Chandler and the things they've done. Then his "All about me" poster was a research thing. We had to find out newspaper headlines and other information from the day he was born. Surprisingly, not all headlines were about Y2K.
Shyann's class has been easy, reading with kids. The class captain had scheduled me for every week, but I'd only asked for the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays. When she scheduled me for each week, I was ok with it because I hadn't heard from Shelby's class captain. THis past week I finally heard back from her so I talked to Shyann's teacher and told her I'd only be able to help out every other week. She was so ok with it!
This last week and the week before, my friend, Kayla, invited me to come over and scrapbook. It's great because I get two pages done each time. I'll post some layouts later.
Well lots more is happening, but I've got to upload some photos
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment