Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dinosaurs, Water, & Rides, Oh My!

What a busy week we have had. Monday night we went to Dinosaur Park in Ogden with two of my sisters and my Dad. We had a picnic dinner and then walked around the park. The kids had a great time looking around at the different dinos and then playing in the park. At one point, my brother-in-law took a dirt side trail, while we had the kids go around from the other side, needless to say, they had a great scare. Chandler happened to be first in line and my brother-in-law said he jumped across the path to the fence (wish I'd seen it).


Inside the building they have this animation of a t-rex trying to get to this mom's babies. The sounds scared a few of the kids.
Playing at the playground:

Thursday night, Colby's orthodontist rented the Roy Aquatic Center for his patients. They served a chicken dinner and then we were able to play in the water. It was great being able to spend time with each other.


Friday was our Stake Lagoon Day. We got there as soon as the rides opened at 11 and stayed until 11 pm. I only got a few pictures of it because I had put the camera in the swim bag when we went too Lagoon-a-Beach and when Casey took the bag back to the car, he forgot to grab the camera and put it in our backpack that we carried around the park. Neither of us really wanted to go back to the car to grab it. We had a really fun time! The first ride they went on was "music express" because the Colossus was still opening. I talked Shyann into going on it with me. When we finished, Casey asked if anyone wanted to go on it again and Shyann said "I'll do it!" We were surprised. Of course after a few of the bigger rides, Shyann was ready to spend time in Kiddieland. So when we got off of Tidal Wave, Casey took the others to Rock-o-Plane and the swings while I took Shyann to Kiddieland. We had an awesome time. The girls have a friend that we ran into around 8. Her parents were ready to go home (they only had a non-ride pass) so she hadn't been able to ride too many rides. So we kept her with us the rest of the evening while they went home.

Sitting on the train.
(Shelby, Me & Chandler)
Casey and Shelby on the Wild Mouse (I HATE this ride)!

The kids had a great time and were worn out by the end of the night. That's the goal sometimes, right?

2 comments:

MorrisFamilyMemories

Sounds like fun. Great blogging. Denise

Donahoe Family

I'm so proud of you - I don't think you even need my help! Love the blog, even happier to have another blogging buddy! I HATE the wild mouse too - I opted to sit with Jantz while Dayt took the others on that ride! Tell Casey we think he is so awesome! Thanks a million for his help the other day. I complain about my move, but Casey moves every Saturday! Gotta love the call to serve!